Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Seasons change, but my God doesn't


I love flowers. Gerber Daisies and Cala Lilies have to be my 2 favorite flowers. There's just something about flowers that makes me feel...happy. No, I don't have flowers sitting on my desk or dresser...but I have the picture and it's making me smile.

I was sitting here tonight thinking about flowers and noticing that I was smiling. The rain outside makes me think of spring and all the plants are in bloom (or soon will be) and all that made my thoughts turn to God. Isn't it funny how we as humans complain because it is too hot, too cold, always snowing, always raining, too sunny, too cloudy...the list, I'm sure, could go on. How dull our world would be if we didn't have some hot, cold, snowy, rainy, sunny, cloudy days. For one, the plants would die if we had no rain. Then spring wouldn't be as beautiful as it is with all of the new plants coming "back to life." And fall wouldn't be as pretty either without the falling leaves and crisp wind. I know that today, with it raining practically all day (or so it seemed!) I was one of the first to complain. God quickly rebuked me and opened my eyes to His beautiful and wonderful creation. Praise the Lord for the seasons.


Here is the most beautiful bouquet of Cala Lilies I could find on the Internet. Amazing. Flowers are indeed one of my favorite things. I've been singing songs in my head all day long. Several just popped in for a visit, and ended up staying all day! And I'm thankful for that. Singing songs throughout my day has helped me focus on God. So often things happen in my day that bring me down and I get too fixed on myself. But, God graciously allowed me to think about Him today. And I found that my day really does go better when I think about Him!

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
There's just something about that name
Master, Saviour, Jesus
Like the fragrance after the rain
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Let all Heaven and Earth proclaim
Kings and kingdoms
Will all pass away
But there's something about that Name.


This song in particular has been on my mind today. I don't know how many of you might know it. It was a song I sort of grew up listening to. My dad is a big fan of the Bill Gaither (if you've never heard of him...look him up!) videos and we have quite the collection of them. This is a song that was on them and I've always liked it. It's simple. Not much to it. But, there really is something about His name.

Finals start Thursday for me...and most of campus. I'm excited, yet a little sad and nervous. I'm fairly certain that my finals will go well, but they are tests. And tests are never fun. I'm a little sad to have to say goodbye to some people. Thinking that next semester, some of the friends I've made won't be here. Excited to go home and be with my family again. Mixed emotions...it's rough being a college student! But, I have faith in my God and Savior to get me through. A little more time with Him this week, will give me the strength that I need to make it through.

1 comment:

Mirian Del Carpio Quijano said...

Hey!! I hope you are doing good!

I will like something with you, I like the way you write your blok about Christ. By the way, I'm mirian and I meet Christ too.

Hope you write back.

Bless You from the botoom of my heart.
:)